The Hi! PARIS webinars present pitches of research carried out in our schools, round-table panel discussion with research experts and corporate donors and call for projects from corporate donors. The topics of the webinars are shared by all institutions and proposed in collaboration with the corporate donors.
Friday 9 April 2021, 8:45 to 11:00 AM.
- 8:45 - 9:55 – FOUR ILLUSTRATIONS OF RESEARCH COOKING AT HI! PARIS by Catalin Fetita - Télécom SudParis, Marc Lavielle - INRIA and Ecole Polytechnique, Adriana Tapus - ENSTA Paris and Gaël Varoquaux - INRIA
- 10:00 – 11:00 – PANEL DISCUSSION with experts and call for projects with Johan Aubert - CTO of L’Oréal Research & Innovation, Benjamin Farcy - Data Scientist at Capgemini, Théophile Mohr Durdez – CEO at Volta Medical
Download program (not available yet)
Counteracting prejudices of machine learning algorithms and managing data privacy Friday 15 January 2021, 8.45 to 11:15 am.
For the past 10 years, machine learning and AI have become increasinglycommon in high-stakes applications such ashealthcare, robotic surgery, autonomous vehicles etc. The reliability of modern algorithms and architectures makesthem appealing in a growing number of applications. The ethical implications of pervasive AI-based solutions have already begun to affect EU countries so that the development of ethics, standards, and regulation is emerging as a crucial area of research investigation. In this firstwebinar bringing together Hi! Paris researchers, corporate donorsand public policy makers, we focus on two key ethical issues: the management of AI bias and data privacy.
- 08.45-09.55 – FOUR ILLUSTRATIONS OF RESEARCH COOKING ATHI! PARIS by Christophe Pérignon - HEC Paris, Stéphan Clémençon - Télécom Paris, Ruslan Momot - HEC Paris and Catuscia Palamidessi - Ecole Polytechnique/ INRIA
- 09.55 –10.10 – AN OVERVIEW OFCNIL PRIORITIES by Bertrand Pailhès
- 10h10–11.15 – PANEL DISCUSSION with Isabelle Falque-Pierrotin - President of the Autorité Nationale des Jeux (Former president of the CNIL 2009-2020), Nesrine Kaaniche - Télécom SudParis and Moez Draief - Capgemini.