Hi! PARIS is pleased to be part of the DIM AI4IDF program, a scientific program bringing together the 4 Ile-de-France institutes in AI.
Hi! PARIS is participating alongside the 3IA institutes in the Ile-de-France region in the “Human-centered artificial intelligence in the Ile-de-France region (AI4IDF)” project, led by Inria – Principal Investigator: Isabelle Ryl, Director of PRAIRIE (PaRis Artificial Intelligence Research InstitutE) at Inria.
DIM, a program from Ile de France region
On February 16, 2022, Ile de France region has defined its 9 new major research and innovation areas for the next 5 years, in which €100M will be invested. The DIM projects (Domaine de recherche et d’Innovation Majeurs) are new research networks, that are structuring, multidisciplinary and federating for the Paris Region.
More info on the DIM programme on the article of Région Ile de France “La Région Île-de-France labellise 9 domaines de recherche et d’innovation majeurs (DIM) pour la période 2022-2026”
AI4IDF, Human-centered artificial intelligence in the Ile-de-France region
The Ile de France region is home to the world’s largest mathematics community, several of France’s largest computer science laboratories, and a dense industrial fabric in Artificial Intelligence.
In this extremely rich context, the four main AI institutes – DATAIA, Hi! PARIS, PRAIRIE and SCAI – have joined forces within the “AI4IDF” program to structure and animate the community, and offer to industrial and international partners a unified vision of the exceptional forces at work.
The scientific program
The scientific program of the AI4IDF project aims to deepen knowledge in AI while keeping the human in-the-loop. It is divided into four axes:
- Learning and optimization
- NLP and dialogue with humans
- Robotics, movement and interaction with humans
- AI in human life: health, education and creation.
- DATAIA is designated as a Convergence Institute under the Plan d’Investissements d’Avenir 3. The Institute brings together interdisciplinary research skills in data science, artificial intelligence and society on the Saclay plateau in the Ile de France region.
- Hi! PARIS was launched by HEC Paris and the Institut Polytechnique de Paris (IP Paris) in 2020 and joigned by Inria in 2021. This multidisciplinary center is dedicated to Data Science and Artificial Intelligence for Science, Business and Society.
- PRAIRIE is an institute that brings together several public partner institutions: the University of Paris, PSL, the Pasteur Institute and two organizations: CNRS and Inria. It is part of the 4 3IA.
- SCAI, the Sorbonne Center for Artificial Intelligence, is one of the French references in research. The scientific program of the AI4IDF project aims to deepen the knowledge in artificial intelligence by keeping the human at the center of the concerns.